Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Lumberjack Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie (aka.. as close as I can get to Ruby Tuesday's Blondies at home)


I found this on the most highly addictive site in existence... Pinterest. The site I surf when I am hungry and excessively pin, pin, pin. It originally came from Pillsbury. I have always loved Ruby Tuesday's Blondies. Dating all the way back to the days I waited tables there. Of course then I had a lot higher metablolism rate, along with all of the other perks of being young that helps you stay skinny and could eat them as often as I wanted. I am always in search of something similar to make at home and when I saw this, the light bulb (ever so dim light bulb) in my head lit up. The chocolate chip cookie is easy to make and then you just gotta add all the yumminess on top. We used the generic cookie dough and next time I would like to try a dough with chocolate chips and some kind of nuts (to be more like Ruby Tuesdays).

Here's what ya need:













-a seasoned cast iron skillet (the best skillet ever to have around, if you don't have one, get one)
-a roll of Pillsbury cookie dough (like I said, the generic worked great)
-vanilla ice cream
-chocolate syrup or hot fudge topping
-caramel topping

Here's what ya do:
Slice the package on the cookie dough and dump the whole roll in the skillet (no need to spray or grease skillet, it is already seasoned). Use your fingers to press the dough out evenly in the skillet.













Bake in a 375 degrees oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The cookie may shake some in the skillet, but it continues to bake after taking it out of the oven. Let it set for a few minutes. Slice your cookie pie and eat right away all by it's gooey self or add vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and caramel topping for a down right mouthwatering treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment