Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Salt Potatoes

Mom brought me some new potatoes from the garden this week and I had read all about salt potatoes on a forum I visit often. I decided to try them. These are really good if you like salt. Dewayne said they were to salty for him, but I loved them. So much, I had leftovers the next day. I cooked my 10 to 15 minutes longer than what was suggested on the recipe.

Ingredients:
*3 lbs small potatoes (creamers)
*4 quarts water
*1 cup salt
*1/2 cup butter

Directions:
*Place the potatoes and water in a large pot.
*Pour the salt over the potatoes, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
*Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
*Serve with the melted butter for dipping
In the pot before turning on the heat.


Ready for the butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment