Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Homemade Ice Cream

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine. This is another one I spotted on Kevin & Amanda's site. Her pictures looked so good and the process was so simple I just had to try some for myself. I decided to try my own flavors, one for me and one for Dewayne. My favorite ice cream is peppermint, the only time it is available is during the holidays, so my flavor choice included peppermint. I added in some chocolate and called it Peppermint Patty. Dewayne loves anything peanut butter, so something peanut butter it was, I went with Reese Cup. Making the ice cream was super easy and both flavors turned out delicious!!

What you need...
*2 c. (16oz.) heavy whipping cream
*1 can sweetened condensed milk
*whatever flavor add-ins you choose

~For the Peppermint Patty...
*1/2c. crushed peppermint candy
*3 Hershey bars, shaved~For the Reese Cup...

~For the Reese Cup
*1/2c. peanut butter
*6 regular-sized Reese cups, chopped

What you do...
In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. In a different large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and flavor add-ins. Stir the whipped whipping cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Spoon into a 2qt. plastic container, cover with lid and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.

Peppermint Patty

Reese Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment