Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sweet Iced Tea


































This recipe was given to us by someone very dear to my husband.... Carolyn L. When we were newly married my mother-in-law gave us an iced tea maker and Dewayne insisted I call Carolyn to see how she made her tea. We have since upgraded to a new tea maker I received at a Chinese Gift Exchange during the holidays, but still use the same recipe everytime. I am not a big fan of tea, therefore have not tasted. Dewayne is a sweet tea fanatic... he loves this tea and can drink a gallon in a days time. Hope you enjoy your perfect glass of sweet tea(plus the lemon.... which we are missing).

*First of all you will need an iced tea maker, mine came from Wal-Mart (Mr. Coffee and cost around $20.oo). You can get any kind you prefer, I even saw one at a garage sale over the summer for $2.oo.

*1 gallon of hot water
*4 Lipton family size tea bags
*2 cups of sugar

Pour as much of the hot water into the tea maker as possible (a gallon of water will not fit into my tea maker). Follow the directions for your tea maker. I set my strength to strong. When the tea quits brewing and the light turns off you will have to pour in more water and turn the maker on again. When it quits brewing again you should be able to pour the remaining water in the tea maker. Pour your brewed tea in the empty gallon container and hit the on buttonagain. When finished pour the rest of the tea in your gallon container and add 2 cups of sugar immediately. It is very important to add the sugar while your tea is hot. Stir well, dissolving all sugar. Pour over a glass full of ice, add lemon and serve. Refrigerate any leftover tea. * *You can omit all of the brewing, pouring, brewing, pouring if you want to half the recipe and make half a gallon of tea. My tea maker will hold close to 1/2 a gallon of water.

















No comments:

Post a Comment