Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hot Fudge Cake

Hot Fude Cake is one of my absolute favorites. When we were younger, my mom always fixed our choice of cake for our birthday. This was my choice many times. I try not to fix it too often now, because I majorly overeat. My mouth is watering, just writing about it. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.


Hot Fudge Cake

* 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
* 1 box vanilla ice cream
* 1 to 2 jars hot fudge topping (I use Hershey's in a jar)
* 1 to 2 cans whipped topping (I use Reddi Whip extra creamy)
* maraschino cherries (optional)

Prepare the cake as directed on the box, using a 13x9in. pan. After the cake is done baking... you can let it cool or serve it while the cake is hot. Cut your cake into squares (however big you want your piece of cake), slice in half side to side. It is easier to use the ice cream that comes in a box, cut square slices of ice cream about the same size as your cake slices, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Place the ice cream in between your sliced cake squares. Heat the hot fudge in the microwave until it is warm. Pour the desired amount of hot fudge over your cake. Top with however much whipped topping you want and add a cherry or 2 on top if you want.
*I use alot of hot fudge and whipped cream on mine, so I always need to jars and 2 cans. If you go light, you could possibly get by using one of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment