Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tuna Salad

My neighbor Lois brought me over some tuna salad a couple of weeks ago. I fixed myself a sandwich and then ended up eating what was left with spoon right out of the container. It was so good, I had to make me some more. This tuna salad is a great choice when you need something fast. Most people probably already have the ingredients in their kitchen and it takes less than 10 minutes to stir this tasty salad up.

What you need:
-2 (5oz.) cans tuna in water, drained ( I like to use Starkist Chunk White Albacore Tuna)
-1/3 to 1/2c. mayonnaise
-1/3c. chopped onion (preferrably vidalia)
-1 stalk celery, chopped
-dash salt
-dash pepper

What you do:
-In a medium bowl, stir mayonnaise into drained tuna and mix well. Stir in chopped onion and celery. Give a dash of salt and a dash of pepper. Stir again to mix well. Serve with Ritz or Club crackers or spread on bread for a sandwich. Yes, it is that easy.

You can add more or less mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt or pepper. Just whatever suits your taste. You can also add in chopped boiled egg whites or any type of relish.  So simple, so quick, so tasty. Great for snacks, lunches, parties and picnics.

No comments:

Post a Comment